Ink cartridges have always been complicated things to handle for many of you out there.
Now, if someone asks you about an ink cartridge secret reset button in an HP printer, oops! It’s confusing. Isn’t it?
But before you think that it is as difficult to find a secret button as it sounds, wait a minute.
There is no rocket science in this work and some enlightenment is sufficient to help you understand everything.
What is the location of the HP printer ink cartridge secret reset button location?
The secret reset button is at the top of your HP ink cartridge. As this button is small and cannot be pressed easily by your hands or finger, you will need a paper clip.
Also refer to the video once for more clarity:
How to use the HP printer ink cartridge secret reset button?
Press the button for 5 seconds and then release it.
Your printer will start again and will recognize the cartridge. It is advisable to print a sample page to check whether it has started working properly or not.
If the issue still exists, repeat the process with the reset button and it should fix the issue.
How to trick a printer ink cartridge in HP?
Sometimes without any genuine functioning issue in the printer, the ink cartridge shows an error or stops printing documents.
It usually happens when your printer is not able to recognize the ink cartridge. Some tricks are invented by experts that only trick your printer cartridge.
The tricks make the device feel, that a troubleshooting action has been taken on the ink cartridge and the printing process becomes smooth.
- Press the reset button – The secret reset button is a last-minute savior when it comes to fixing issues during a cartridge malfunction. Take a paperclip then press the secret reset button on the top of the ink cartridge and hold it for 5 seconds then release it.
- Disable cartridge protection – When you use a third-party cartridge, the issue may happen. It is because today most of the cartridges are set with protection so that they can be used only on that printer.
- Reboot the printer – Rebooting a device is always the best solution to get it back to work. Do the same here as well. These are steps to reboot a printer.
1. Remove all your printer cartridges
2. Turn off the device and also unplug it from the wall
3. Now, put back the cartridges into the printing device
4. Wait for 10-15 minutes to let the printer settle down
5. Lastly, plug in back the printer from the wall and turn it on.
Check the cartridge – The easiest and the quickest step to do. But what do you check for? Check if you have removed all the plastic coverings. Check if the cartridge is installed adequately. That’s all.
Replace the cartridge – Sometimes replacing the cartridges is the only solution you are left with. An ink cartridge with a crack on it. A cartridge kept too long in a hot or cold atmosphere, is another reason to place the new ones.
How to reset the ink cartridge HP?
It’s child’s play to do the task. Once you go through the quick and easy process below, it will be possible to understand it immediately without any help.
- At first locate the chip usually located on the bottom or front of your ink cartridge. It is tiny in size.
- Take a paper clip bend its leg and use it to eject the ports in the tiny buttons
- Press the reset button adjacent to the chip or on the top of the ink cartridge for 10 seconds.
Isn’t the process swift and understandable? Try it once, and the second time, you will need no guidance to fix the issue.
How to reset the ink level of the HP Deskjet 2700?
Follow the below mentioned to reset the ink level of the HP Deskjet 2700:
- Firstly hold the off button
- Tap on the cancel button
- Now release the buttons
- That’s all, your ink levels will reset
Note – Once the ink levels reset, the light on the printer adjacent to the ink level lights will turn from red to green.
“I refilled my ink cartridge but the printer still says it is empty “– What should I do?
This problem usually happens when your printer is not able to recognize the refilled printer ink cartridge. But don’t worry, there are ways to fix this issue.
- Turn off the printer
- Open the cartridge lid and take out the cartridges
- Place an additional cartridge with a full ink level
- Now turn on your printer and wait to let the device recognize the cartridge
- Now turn off the printer again and remove the additional cartridge
- It is now time to insert the refilled cartridges
- Finally, turn on the printer and take a printout to check the functioning
Why does the printer not recognize a refilled ink cartridge?
With the solution to a problem, it is equally important to know about the cause of that problem. For various reasons, a printer may act like this and it is best if you know about them.
Printers remember empty cartridges with codes and chips on them. So, it may be the HP error that causes you annoyance.
Have you poured too much ink? Yes, that is also a reason why a printer is not able to recognize the cartridge. Always read the instructions in the manual.
Dry or clogged cartridges are also to blame for the issue. Printers today are smart devices and they can never coordinate with a poorly maintained cartridge.
All cartridges are not reusable. You may be using a cartridge that cannot be refilled and it is the disposable one. Such cartridges have an indication ‘intended for single use only’.
How to reset the HP ink cartridge without a chip resetter?
You may think that it sounds complicated but it is not because resetting an ink cartridge is always easy due to the availability of various ways. Doing it without a chip resetter is another one and quite simple to understand.
First of all, understand what is a chip resetter? A chip resetter is a small device or tool that communicates to the cartridge chip to process its electronic setting. A chip resetter is usually used after re-inking a cartridge.
Sometimes the printer does not recognize the cartridge and for re-inking, the cartridges need to be removed from the printer. Thus, the chip resetter helps to function normally.
Ways to reset the HP ink cartridge without a chip resetter are as follows –
In different ways, you can bypass a chip in an ink cartridge mentioned below:
- Disable the ink or toner monitor
- Use auto-reset ink tanks in case your printer has them
- Fit your HP printer with a new ink tank or chip.
- Use the printer model’s chip resetter. It restores empty chip to full.
What is the process to reset ink cartridge HP 61?
Many people face problems while resetting the ink cartridge for HP 61. However, there are basic steps that do this task in a few minutes. Follow the process mentioned below –
- Insert the cartridge that you have refilled, into the printer
- Now print an alignment page to let your printer recognize the alignment page
- The printer can still read the previous ink levels
- Remove and replace the cartridge from your HP printer without another old cartridge
- Now print the alignment page again to help your printer recognize this cartridge
- Replace the second cartridge again with the third cartridge and print the alignment page again. It is important because the printer remembers only the two cartridges and forgets the first one.
- Now insert the refilled cartridge into your printer. The printing device now will recognize the cartridge.
- Take out the cartridges again
- Put a tap on the contact squares that you see on the cartridge contacts
- Now insert the cartridge again into your HP printer again and once again print an alignment page.
- Now take out the cartridge and remove the tape applied on the left corner. It is not time to tape the corner on the top right side.
- Now put back the cartridge into the printer and print an alignment page
- Once again, you need to take out the cartridge and reinsert them with no tapes to see whether the printer accepts or not.
How can I reset the ink cartridge HP 63?
Another question that HP users ask a lot. Here is the simplest procedure that we have explained for you to grab the process instantly.
- Take out the ink cartridges from your printer
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Connect the cord of the printer to the wall
- When your printer shows a request for new ink cartridges, reinstall the cartridges. Job done!
“My printer does not recognize refilled cartridges”– What can I do?
Well, you can try some straightforward steps to solve this issue. Below are the steps you need to follow in such a situation.
- Remove the empty cartridge from the printer and refill it
- Insert an additional cartridge into the printing device but it should be full
- Turn on the device and wait for a few seconds (around 30 seconds) to let the printer recognize the cartridge
- Now once the right ink levels show, remove the additional cartridge and print an alignment page.
You may be facing any ink cartridge problem in your HP printer, don’t forget they all can be handled. Here we have covered the most sought-after solutions for HP ink cartridges. If you have any other problem with this concern, kindly drop your message below in the box.
Yes, you can but for that, you need to try a simple trick. Remove and then reinstall the cartridge 2 to 3 times. You need to do it until the cartridges sit properly in their slot.
Remove all the cartridges from your HP printer
Now place the incompatible cartridge into the printer
Power off the printer and unplug the power cord from the wall.
Wait for 10-15 minutes
Plug in the power button again and turn on the printer
Press the power button and hold for a few seconds, at the same time, press the resume button for three times. After some time, you can see that the resume light will stop blinking also the cartridge light turns off automatically.