In every home and office, printers play a crucial role. However, the inability to connect to WiFi can turn them into a frustrating challenge.
So, how can you connect Canon printer to WiFi? The good news is that it’s absolutely possible! If you find yourself pondering this question, rest assured that connecting your Canon printer to WiFi is a straightforward and effortless process.
To connect your printer to your wireless network, there are a few essential aspects you need to familiarize yourself with.
This article aims to guide you through the process of connecting your Canon printer to WiFi while also providing valuable information that can assist you in successfully establishing a connection between your printer and the wireless network.
How to connect Canon Printer to WiFi ?
It is a very simple and easy process to connect your Canon printer to Wifi.
You need to follow the complete process as mentioned below:
Follow the steps to get ready for Cableless setup.
- Firstly, make sure that your Canon printer and router is switched ON.
- Secondly press and hold the Setup button on your Canon printer until a light flashes.
- Now use the navigational keys to select the option Wireless LAN setup and click OK.
- Under Wireless LAN setup select Other setup and click OK.
- Under Other setup click Cableless setup and click OK.
Kindly note that printer is now ready for wireless LAN connection via Cableless setup method.
However the connection between the wireless router and printer is not complete, a installation of software is necessary for the completion.
Install the Software on Windows Device
- Visit Canon official website to install the setup.
- Now select your region and click Set Up.
- Once you find your product in the search option now download the setup file.
- Install the downloaded setup file and the setup will start automatically just follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Click Next.
- Now click on Wireless LAN Connection.
- Click on Connect via wireless router (recommended).
- Click Next and select Cableless setup.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions till the setup says complete.
Now a test printing popup may appear to check the printer’s operation, we recommend you to load the paper in your printer and test the same.
How to connect Canon Printer to Phone?
Gone are the days when connecting and taking print from phone was termed as difficult.
Thankfully the OEM manufacturers have given the benefits and added advantages to phone users as well by connecting their devices wirelessly within minutes.
Kindly follow the below process to connect your phone wirelessly to your Canon printer:
- Firstly install the Canon printer app on your Phone. Kindly click on the app for your mentioned device.
- Once you have installed the app, now make sure your Canon printer is switched ON.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Click on More.
- Now click on Bluetooth Setup.
- At last follow the onscreen instruction to pair your Canon printer to your smartphone. Once the pairing is complete for your Android phone you can start printing or scanning using the app.
Note: Make sure you have the latest Android version installed for your device. The maximum range to print wirelessly is 33 feet i.e 10 meters. Make sure there are no walls or obstructions in between otherwise the range will drop.
Why my Canon printer won’t connect to WiFi?
There can be several reasons why your Canon printer won’t connect to WiFi.
However, we have categorized and mentioned some of the most common causes that stop your Canon printer to connect your WiFi network.
Depending on the kind of printer you have and the kind of computer you’re pairing it with, there are many ways to troubleshoot this issue.
Weather the printer was previously connected without a problem or if there were problems with the initial configuration, the method for setting up a printer on a wireless network varies a little bit from printer to printer.
Most common reasons:
- Corrupt Printer Drivers
This may be the most common reason, suddenly your Cannon printer is not connecting to WiFi because the Canon printer drivers are corrupt or has gone bad. So you will have to update the latest Printer drivers once to solve the issue.
- Printer Error
You will have to make sure that printer is not displaying any error flashing lights or codes on the screen. For whatever reason if the printer is in error state it won’t connect to your WiFi.
- Check Printer Connection Issues
In case you are trying to connect your Canon printer via your mobile phone, you need to check the signal strength of your Canon printer. If the signal strength is less than 80% you will have to move the printer closer to where your router is placed.
- Restart WiFi Router
If you are trying to connect your Canon printer via router and there is an issue with your Router, then you won’t be able to connect. Try to check if router’s WiFi light is blinking continuously, if not then restarting the same would rectify the issue.
These are the most basics steps mentioned to troubleshoot and rectify your issue.
How to connect Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi?
You can easily connect your Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi by following below mentioned points:
- Firstly, switch on your printer by pressing the Power ON button.
- Under the Wireless section press and hold smart phone tab for 3 seconds until the display starts flashing which indicates that printer has entered in setup mode.
- Now you can easily connect your Android phone, PC or Apple device to the printer just follow the walkthrough process by installing the Canon Print app.
Also follow a small video representation of connecting your Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi
How to setup my Canon Printer? (Canon Printer Setup)
If you are looking for ways to connect your Canon printer to your Wireless devices then at first you need to make sure what model are you searching for.
Most of the settings for Canon printer setup are the same however it varies in few steps.
To find the model name of your Canon printer have a look on the invoice or the box of the printer.
So find out your Canon printer model and then look for the steps.
Once you find the specific printer model then visit Canon Wireless Printer setup page and enter your model number to download and install the setup package from the official website.
Once you download the file the installation process would be easy and walkthrough with self explanatory images, just click next until the setup is installed on your device.
How to connect Canon Printer to Laptop?
Kindly note to connect Canon Printer to laptop you can follow any of the three ways as mentioned below.
Connect Canon Printer to Laptop Wirelessly
Most of the recent printers today have the capability to get connected wirelessly via any device.
So if your printer also has a wireless capability you can easily connect it via WiFi.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly switch ON the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel use the arrow key to select Menu and navigate to Network Settings.
- Now select Wireless LAN option and press OK.
- The display will show you close by wireless connection name, scroll and select your WiFi name and enter the password.
- Your printer will be connected to the WiFi.
- Open your Laptop and go to Settings.
- Click on Devices, and scroll to Printers & scanners option.
- Now click on Add a printer or scanner. Your laptop will show you your printer name and model number.
- At last select the option to Add device and your laptop will complete the process.
Connect Canon Printer to Laptop with USB cable
If you are looking to connect only your Laptop directly and in no mood to carry the same then you might consider the option to connect your Laptop to Printer via USB cable.
- Plug the USB cable from your laptop USB port to Printers USB port (Usually located at the back of every printer).
- Turn on your Printer and Laptop simultaneously.
- If your laptop has a CD drive then enter the Canon Driver CD into the laptop disk drive, else you can download the software by searching the model number on Canon official website.
- Once you have download the setup file open and run the same and it will guide you through and easy walk process which will help you connect your Canon printer to laptop easily.
Follow a small video presentation to connect your Canon Printer to Laptop via USB cable:
Connect Canon Printer to Router with a LAN cable (Wired Network)
A wired connection allows you to connect the device with out facing any issues in the connection as it uses the Ethernet cable.
So here we will connect your Canon printer to you Router via Ethernet cable and then you can connect your Laptop wirelessly to your Canon printer easily.
- The first step is to connect the one end of the Ethernet cable into the printer and other end of the cable at the back of the router.
- Now on the printer’s control panel use the arrow key to select Menu and then navigate to the option of Network Settings.
- Select the option Wired Lan. Now you can easily start giving the print command wirelessly.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Canon printer setup. Don’t forget to share your result or solution with others who may need it. Feel free to leave a comment below with any other issues or questions you have. Thank you and good luck.
Frequently Answer Question’s (FAQ’s)
To connect your printer to WiFi network follow below short points:
Firstly, on the printer’s touch pad panel you will see a wireless button, press and hold the same for three seconds until the light blinks.
List of Wireless networks would pop up on screen, Select the one which is yours.
Enter the Password and your printer will be connected to the WiFi network.
Follow below steps to bring back your Canon printer Online:
From your PC or Laptop open settings, now click devices.
Under Printers & Scanners your Canon printer name would be display.
Select your Canon printer and click on Open queue
Now select printer tab and un-mark the Use Printer Offline option.
This error usually occurs when the connection from the router appears to be disturbed. Or your router is not providing the Internet that your printer needs to stay connected and running.
To switch back your printer from offline to online kindly open the settings of your computer or laptop and under Devices option select printer and scanners. Select your printer and open the settings and untick the option from Offline.
Yes, it is must for a wireless activated printer to be connected to a common network to accept the printing commands from other available devices wirelessly.