Connecting to a WiFi network is easy. You just need to follow few simple steps and your printer will be connected within few minutes. In this post, I will guide you on how to connect HP Deskjet printer to WiFi or in other words how to connect HP Printer to new WiFi network?
How to connect HP Deskjet 2600 printer to WiFi?
HP Deskjet 2600 is All-in-One printer series and to connect the same to WiFi kindly follow below mentioned points:
- Firstly connect your HP printer to power i.e make sure your printer is in connect to a running electricity power socket.
- Download HP Smart app for your device by clicking on the link mentioned below.
- For Windows
- For MAC
3. You need to create an account on HP Smart app for the first time to access all the printer functions.
4. Place your printer and the device you are connecting near the WiFi router.
5. Turn the WiFi of the device and connect on your network. In case your computer is connected to WiFi router using a LAN cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the WiFi connection during the setup.
6. Switch ON the Bluetooth on the device so that HP Smart can detect the printer in the setup.
7. Multiple printers might be display within your range during the setup, select your printer only.
8. Open HP Smart app as it will automatically try to detect and setup the printer if not then manually add printer using the plus sign.
9. Select WiFi on the connection type screen. The options may vary depending on the device that you use, follow the on screen steps and complete the setup.
10. At last after completing the setup your printer will be connected to WiFi
Note: For windows PC, make sure it is update with the recent Windows Update. After the installation of the mobile app kindly enable the mobile device location service and allow the app to use the location and offer solution to complete the setup.
How to connect HP Printer to new WiFi network?
If your WiFi network has been recently changed with the configurations then kindly note the only way to connect your old HP Printer is to navigate to Network menu from printer’s control panel alternatively you can press the wireless icon and then go to settings from the printer’s panel.
Now select the wireless setup wizard, it will display the list of available wireless networks of the radius. Select your wireless name from the list by scrolling. Once you find the network name now select the same and enter your WiFi network password. And your old printer will be connected to your new WiFi network now.
How to connect HP Printer to Laptop?
Connecting HP Printer to laptop is pretty simple these days when we are progressing into the age of innovation and technology. However, it may happen due to number, color, sizes and complexity of the wiring can get you lost in between.
At present there are two ways by which we can connect our HP printer to laptop. So if you fall under the category kindly refer to that answer. Before following any of the category kindly ensure that you have removed the printer and cables from its box and have connected with a power outlet.
Let us see the two categories and check for the answer
How to connect HP Printer to Laptop wirelessly?
If you are looking for ways to connect your HP Printer wirelessly then the connection may seem a tedious process however in reality you will be surprise to find how simple and smooth it is.
- Once your printer is turn on you will have to connect your HP printer to your Wireless network.
- There may be some difference in the steps due to different printer models however most of the printers would have LCD screen where you can find the your WiFi network.
- Once you find your WiFi network kindly add your password to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Now once your printer is link to your WiFi network open your laptop.
- Open Settings, now click devices. Click Printer’s & scanners option and you will see your printer name and model number.
- Select the option “Add Device” and your computer will complete the process. Just follow any on screen input required.
Good to go, now you can be at your comfort of your home or place and start taking the prints wirelessly.
How to connect HP Printer to laptop with USB cable?
A USB cable will help you directly in connecting your laptop or desktop with your HP Printer easily, it all depends on your computer’s operating system. Once you insert the USB on the laptop port of your device it will notify you the process stating to download the driver to complete the installation process.
If you get the above notification then the computer will do the work for you, else you can follow the below mentioned steps to connect your HP Printer to your laptop with a USB cable.
- Firstly, make sure USB is attach on the port from your laptop from your printer.
- On your laptop click Start menu and open Settings.
- Now click on the option Devices.
- Under Devices click on Printers & scanners.
- Click on Add a printer or scanner.
- Windows would be able to detect the printer connected via USB cable.
- Once you see the name of the printer on your screen click it and complete the walkthrough installation process as per the screen instructions.
That’s all now your printer would easily be connected and you can start utilizing your printer via USB cable.
How to connect HP Printer to Phone?
There are few ways to connect your HP Printer to your Phone, kindly note the easiest way to connect is use HP Smart mobile app for your desired device. However you can also connect your HP Printer wirelessly or via Bluetooth. So let us see the steps in details. We have mentioned list of possibilities for connecting your HP Printer to phone. Let us understand the same below:
How to connect HP Printer to IPhone?
Connecting your HP Printer to IPhone is easy, just follow below mentioned steps:
- On your IPhone kindly locate and switch on your Bluetooth.
- Make sure your HP Printer and IPhone is connect on the same wireless network.
- Open and install HP Easy Start for your IPhone. Enter your product name and install the software for your phone.
- Follow the prompts on the app, once done you can start using your IPhone wirelessly with your HP Printer.
How to connect HP Printer to Android Phone?
Follow below steps to connect your Android device to your HP Printer:
- The first step is to connect your Android device to the same WiFi network where HP Printer is connected.
- You will have to download the HP Print Service Plugin app from Google Play Store for your Android.
- Once your app is install you can use the drop down menus to print.
Note: There are various app that supports printing like Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe, Google Chrome etc.
How to connect HP Printer to phone via Bluetooth?
If your HP Printer supports connectivity via Bluetooth, then only you can take the advantage of wireless Bluetooth printing from your phone. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to connect your HP Printer via phone Bluetooth:
- Firstly, turn on the Bluetooth on your HP Printer, depending on the model press Bluetooth button. Navigate to Network or Setup menu to access the Bluetooth settings on your printer.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your phone and search for the Printer.
- You can select your printer from the list of your found devices.
- At last to print open any file on your phone and click on the command print by opening the print option of the file.
Note: There are some printer that won’t work without the Bluetooth adapter. So kindly plug in the same at the back of the printer in case your printer has the same.
How to connect HP Printer to mobile via USB?
Kindly note in case you have an Apple or Windows 10 phone then please stop as both does not support printing via USB.
Before connecting your HP Printer to mobile via USB lets first discuss about the basic requirements.
- The Printer is setup and ready to use.
- Printer supports prininting via USB OTG cable.
- Android mobile device that supports printing via USB OTG cable.
- HP Print Service app installed on Android phone.
- A USB cable and USB OTG cable.
Now after all the basic requirements kindly follow the below steps to connect your HP Printer to mobile via USB connection:
- First basic step is to turn ON the computer and connect the USB OTG cable to your HP Printer and Android device.
- You have to carefully connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port at the rear of your printer and the other end to the USB port of the OTG cable.
- Now plug the micro USB connector of the OTG cable to micro USB port of your android device. And the moment you connect, HP Print service app will show a notification on your phone.
- Click OK on the notification message on your android device.
Now your Android device is ready to print using the USB OTG connection.
Why my HP printer not connecting to WiFi?
If your HP printer is not connecting to WiFi then kindly follow below troubleshooting steps mentioned in pointers.
- Make sure you are aware of the correct credentials of your router in-order to connect your printer with WiFi.
- Maybe due to printer placed very far from the router it is not able to detect the SSID name of your router. So kindly place them together.
- Update your router firmware, or your router have reached to a threshold of connecting maximum number of devices.
- Reset your printer to the default settings and then try step by step connecting your printer to WiFi.
- Connect your printer to PC and check for all the updates of the printer.
- Try plugging your printer directly using a LAN cable from printer’s LAN port to your router’s LAN port and then check the connection.
How To Send Fax from Printer or Computer
How To Connect Brother Printer To WiFi: Not Difficult as You Think
Brother Printer Not Printing? Here Are A Few Ways To Resolve It
How to Reset HP printer to factory settings without any passwords
This guide will update you on the ways to connect your HP Printer to WiFi with Laptop, Phone and other devices available. Following the complete article you can easily troubleshoot the connection of your HP Printer and solve basic issues like printer not connecting to Wifi.
Connecting your printer to any device is easy. You will just have to put the printer to wireless mode and connect it to the same wireless router where other devices are connected. Once printer is connected to a router you can give commands wirelessly from your available device.
There can be few reasons why your HP Printer not connecting wirelessly mentioned below:
· The very basic wireless router’s credentials changed.
· Wireless Router not working.
Wifi switch on the router could be switched off.
It means that printer is no longer connected to the devices, i.e it cannot communicate with the devices that are sending the print jobs. A printer cannot receive new printing jobs and process them if it is offline.
If the printer is old and support wireless connectivity via router, then it has to be connected via router. These days most of the recent gen printers work through app based technology that does not require a router based connection.