Is your HP printer giving trouble ? Do not worry let us reset your HP printer in the most effective and easiest way.
Since HP is the most common name in every household and it does not guarantee a seamless printing experience for many of us.
No matter what issue you are facing with your HP printer there is always an option to factory reset your printer to default settings.
How to reset HP printer to factory settings?
Resetting your printer to its factory settings can resolve a variety of issues, from connectivity problems to stubborn error messages.
Even if your HP Printer is in error state by performing the reset options you can easily resolve the issues.
Whether you’re dealing with a malfunctioning printer or simply want to start fresh, this section will walk you through the process of resetting your printer to its factory settings.
Reset via Settings Page
Every printer has a unique IP address that lets you access the printer properties and other features of your network.
Since IP address acts as bridge in connectivity of your printer to the available products at your home or office. You can find the IP Address of your printer on the display panel or in Printer properties.
Perform the below steps until you see Restore Factory Defaults menu. This reset will erase any custom settings and configurations made previously.
So let’s start the process:
- Open browser on your device and type the IP address of the printer on the search bar and hit enter and login with the credentials if kept any.
The IP address, username and password are generally written at the back of the printer. Kindly refer to the same.
- On the page navigate to Settings tab and look for the option Restore Defaults.
Depending on the printer model you will also get the option to Reset Network Settings of your printer which will eventually wipe out all the WIFI settings of your printer.
- Now once you find the option Restore Factory Defaults you can click on the same.
- Click Yes to confirm and follow the on screen instructions with a caution message to perform certain things so that reset is successful.
- Once the reset is successful you can configure the printer back again.
Now the printer will reset to its factory defaults.
Note: Before clicking to Restore Factory Defaults settings kindly note you will loose all the saved network settings, passwords and configurations. Settings such as language, tray size, paper size and page count will not be changed.
Reset via HP Smart App
This simple printer reset method involves the following steps.
Make sure your printer is connected to your computer with a USB Cable.
- Open HP Smart App on your device.
- Now open the Settings page of the app.
- Go to Advanced Settings.
- Select Restore defaults.
- Follow the on screen process and wait for your Printer to finish the process.
Factory reset via Printer’s Control Panel
Since the Printer comes with different control panel options such as one with the touchscreen and another without touchscreen.
Both the process have been briefly described below:
Steps to Reset HP Printer with Touchscreen
- On the printer screen tap the Settings Icon.
- Now here find the General option and select the same.
- Scroll and you can see Reset Factory Settings option and select the same.
- Your Printer will send you a notification that all your data would be erased, kindly click Yes and proceed with the same.
- Now your Printer will reset.
Steps to Reset HP Printer without Touchscreen
Follow any on screen prompts to proceed:
- The first steps is to disconnect the printer power by turning off/removing the power cable.
- Keep the power cord unplugged for about 30 seconds.
- Turn the printer power ON by reconnecting the power back.
- Press and hold the Cancel button to get the printer ready.
- Now press Cancel and Wireless button at the same time for 5 seconds until printer resets.
- This will reset your Printer now.
Note: These steps will work with most of the HP Printing devices. In case you are still facing issues to reset your printer we recommend you to get in touch with the customer care representative.
How to Reset my HP Printer when it is “Out of Paper”?
You see plenty of papers on the paper tray but still your HP machine shows Out of Paper. It must be annoying however there is again simple solution to your problem which is to reset by unplugging the same.
- Once you see that the printer is turned ON directly remove the power cable/power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 20 seconds so that the printer resets itself.
- Now plug the power cord back to the wall outlet and switch it ON.
- Turn ON your printer by pressing the power button on the panel of the printer.
- Run a small test to check that the error message has been removed.
So this is how you reset HP machine when it displays “out of paper” message on the console.
How to Reset HP Printer 2600?
In order to reset your HP machine 2600 kindly follow below mentioned steps:
- Switch ON your device by pressing the Power button on the printer control panel.
- Now simultaneously press and hold the Power and Cancel button for 5 seconds.
- Release the Cancel button first and then the Power button.
- Printer will send a command to the printer for a dummy print, and you will see the printer will reset itself.
Once the rest is successful reconfigure the printer settings as per your preferences.
How to Reset HP Printer 3700?
To reset your HP machine 3700 kindly follow below mentioned steps:
- Power on your device by pressing the power ON button and load the paper on the paper tray.
- Press and hold both Power and Cancel button together for 5 seconds and release the cancel button first then power button. This will start the reset process.
- Pinter will send a command for a dummy print once you see the print your printer is Reset.
Also Read: HP Printer Error 0x6100004a: How to Fix It?
How to Reset HP Printer WIFI password?
The default WIFI password of your HP device can be 12345678 in case you have not changed the same however if that doesn’t work alternatively you can follow the below two options which will help you to reset the WIFI password of your device.
Reset Using HP Smart App
- The first step is to make sure that your printer is switched ON.
- Secondly press and hold the WIFI and Cancel button at the same time for 5 seconds
- Open HP Smart App on your phone.
- Once opened select Printer Setup.
- Now scroll to the bottom and select “Advance Settings”.
- Under advanced settings select “Settings and Security”.
- Select “Password Settings” from the drop down menu.
- You can now set a new password for your printer.
Reset Using Printer’s Control Panel
For this method you don’t need to download the HP Smart App. Just perform the steps using your printer:
- Firstly select “Home” button on your printer.
- Now select “Settings”.
- Click on “Setup”
- At last you can see the option to “Reset Password”.
Reset Using Your Laptop
For this method you can use your laptop or desktop that has windows operating system installed.
- The first step is to open the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Now select “Devices and Printers”.
- You will see the HP Wireless icon right click on the same and click on “Properties”.
- Click “Reset Password” and enter a new password that you want to keep.
This way you can easily rest the WIFI settings of your HP device.
Also Check – How to connect HP Printer to WIFI ?
How to reset the HP Printer WIFI Password ?
There are basically two steps to follow and are pretty simple and easy to perform. Lets start:
Print Network Configuration Page to see Password
- The first step is to press the wireless and the start copy black button from the main control panel of the device at the same time.
- Now will see your HP machine printing the default network configurations such as network status, network name, hostname etc. From here you can see your password and write the same.
Restore Network Settings
You need to press the Wireless and Cancel button at the same time for 5 seconds.
This will reset the network settings to default mode there by you can start the configuration again.
How can I reset network settings on my HP printer?
Since we already know that there are dozens of HP devices available in the market, we have tried and listed the steps to reset the network settings of different models of HP printing devices.
Kindly follow the reset procedure for your model:
Touch Screen Printer
For printer with touch screen , Open the wireless or setup menu and select Restore Network Settings and click Yes to confirm.
Inkjet , Lazerns and Neverstop Printer
Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel button until the power button light flashes. The wireless button will flash when your HP device is ready
Press and hold the Wireless button until the attention light flashes, wait for the wireless button to flash.
Envy, Deskjet Plus or Tango Printer
At the back of your HP machine press and hold the Wireless button for 5 seconds until the wireless light flashes.
This way you can reset your device easily. Alternatively you can also watch the below video presentation to learn about the process visually:
In conclusion, restoring your HP device to factory default settings has never been easier. Weather it is a cold reset or hard reset of your HP machine this guide has the solution for the same.
Whether you’re using a Windows or Mac device, our straightforward methods can help you reset your printer, ink cartridges level effortlessly, even if it’s asking for a password.
With these simple steps, you can regain control of your printer and ensure it’s ready for your printing needs.
For official support you can visit here and also check documents on compatibility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Some of the HP printers at the back have reset button. However, you can also Reset from HP mobile app.
Understand if the orange light blinks continuously then there is something not right with the printer. Mostly issues with cartridges, toner, paper tray empty paper jam could be the reasons. Try to check the printer panel for any error code.
The foremost thing to check is the Power supply from the power socket and at the back of the printer. Second check the configuration and settings. If these two are not in place printer won’t print.