Logically speaking, it does not take any long process or a detailed guide to connect your canon printer to wi-fi.
But as sometimes it can be a bit confusing about what exact procedure one should follow, taking a look at a simple and quick how-to- guide can be a good way to avoid all confusion.
To connect your printer to your wireless network, there are a few essential aspects you need to familiarize yourself with.
This article aims to guide you through the process of connecting your Canon printer to WiFi while also providing valuable information that can assist you in successfully establishing a connection between your printer and the wireless network.
It is a very simple and easy process to connect your Canon printer to Wifi.
To connect your Canon Printer to WiFi you need to follow the complete process as mentioned below:
Follow the steps to get ready for WiFi setup.
- Firstly, make sure that your Canon printer and router is switched ON.
- Secondly press and hold the Setup button on your Canon printer until a light flashes.
- Now use the navigational keys to select the option Wireless LAN setup and click OK.
- Under Wireless LAN setup select Other setup and click OK.
- Under Other setup click Cableless setup and click OK.
Kindly note that printer is now ready for wireless LAN connection via Cableless setup method.
However the connection between the wireless router and printer is not complete, a installation of software is necessary for the completion.
Install the Software on Windows Device
- Visit Canon official website to install the setup.
- Now select your region and click Set Up.
- Once you find your product in the search option now download the setup file.
- Install the downloaded setup file and the setup will start automatically just follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Click Next.
- Now click on Wireless LAN Connection.
- Click on Connect via wireless router (recommended).
- Click Next and select Cableless setup.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions till the setup says complete.
Now a test printing popup may appear to check the printer’s operation, we recommend you to load the paper in your printer and test the same.
Note–Always keep your printer within the range of your Wi-Fi otherwise the device will not connect.
Also Read : How to Scan On My Canon Printer ?
How can I connect the Canon MG3600 printer to WiFi?
If you are struggling with this question, you should know that this task is as simple as watching a web series on your couch.
What’s more important is to understand that connecting a printer to Wi-Fi is always easier than you think.
- Firstly turn on the printer
- Secondly press and hold the wireless button for 3 seconds
- Now press the black button and again the wi-fi button
- Ensure when you press the wi-fi button again, the wifi light flashes, and also the power light is stably on.
- Now press the WPS button on your router within the duration of 2 minutes
- The wi-fi light will keep flashing to search for the wi-fi connection
- Once the connection establishes the power light as well as the Wi-Fi light will become stable and will stop flashing.
- Your printer is not connected to the wireless network and by printing the network configuration page you can confirm it.
How to connect the Canon Printer to Phone?
Gone are the days when connecting and taking print from phone was termed as difficult.
Thankfully the OEM manufacturers have given the benefits and added advantages to phone users as well by connecting their devices wirelessly within minutes.
Kindly follow the below process to connect your phone wirelessly to your Canon printer:
- Firstly install the Canon printer app on your Phone. Kindly click on the app for your mentioned device.
- Once you have installed the app, now make sure your Canon printer is switched ON.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Click on More.
- Now click on Bluetooth Setup.
- At last follow the onscreen instruction to pair your Canon printer to your smartphone. Once the pairing is complete for your Android phone you can start printing or scanning using the app.
Note: Make sure you have the latest Android version installed for your device. The maximum range to print wirelessly is 33 feet i.e 10 meters. Make sure there are no walls or obstructions in between otherwise the range will drop.
How to connect Canon Printer to Laptop?
Kindly note to connect Canon Printer to laptop you can follow any of the three ways as mentioned below.
Connect Canon Printer to Laptop Wirelessly
Most of the recent printers today have the capability to get connected wirelessly via any device.
So if your printer also has a wireless capability you can easily connect it via WiFi.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly switch ON the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel use the arrow key to select Menu and navigate to Network Settings.
- Now select Wireless LAN option and press OK.
- The display will show you close by wireless connection name, scroll and select your WiFi name and enter the password.
- Your printer will be connected to the WiFi.
- Open your Laptop and go to Settings.
- Click on Devices, and scroll to Printers & scanners option.
- Now click on Add a printer or scanner. Your laptop will show you your printer name and model number.
- At last select the option to Add device and your laptop will complete the process.
Connect Canon Printer to Laptop with USB cable
If you are looking to connect only your Laptop directly and in no mood to carry the same then you might consider the option to connect your Laptop to Printer via USB cable.
- Plug the USB cable from your laptop USB port to Printers USB port (Usually located at the back of every printer).
- Turn on your Printer and Laptop simultaneously.
- If your laptop has a CD drive then enter the Canon Driver CD into the laptop disk drive, else you can download the software by searching the model number on Canon official website.
- Once you have download the setup file open and run the same and it will guide you through and easy walk process which will help you connect your Canon printer to laptop easily.
Follow a small video presentation to connect your Canon Printer to Laptop via USB cable:
Connect Canon Printer to Router with a LAN cable (Wired Network)
A wired connection allows you to connect the device with out facing any issues in the connection as it uses the Ethernet cable.
So here we will connect your Canon printer to you Router via Ethernet cable and then you can connect your Laptop wirelessly to your Canon printer easily.
- The first step is to connect the one end of the Ethernet cable into the printer and other end of the cable at the back of the router.
- Now on the printer’s control panel use the arrow key to select Menu and then navigate to the option of Network Settings.
- Select the option Wired Lan. Now you can easily start giving the print command wirelessly.
What is the process to connect a Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi?
You can easily connect your Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi by following below mentioned points:
- Firstly, switch on your printer by pressing the Power ON button.
- Under the Wireless section press and hold smart phone tab for 3 seconds until the display starts flashing which indicates that printer has entered in setup mode.
- Now you can easily connect your Android phone, PC or Apple device to the printer just follow the walkthrough process by installing the Canon Print app.
Also follow a small video representation of connecting your Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi
How to connect the Canon MG3620 printer to WiFi?
You will be amaze to see how simple and quick the process is and once it starts even a person who is not so tech-savvy can understand easily without any other reference.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on
- Press and hold the wi-fi button on the printer panel until the power light flashes
- Now release the wi-fi button
- Now press the color button and then the wi-fi button
- The wi-fi button light should start flashing quickly
- Download Canon Print inkjet/SELPHY app for Apple or Android devices from the App Store or Google Play.
- Now go to the wi-fi settings of your device and select your canon printer device and click on connect
- Open the app that you have downloaded
- Tap on the search button
- Press Ok
- In the next step select your wi-fi network
- Enter your Wi-Fi password
- Press Ok and wait for a few seconds
- Now press ok
- Now select your canon printer
- Congratulations, your printer is connected.
What are the reasons of Canon Printer not connecting to WiFi ?
We have mentioned the most common reasons to why your Canon Printer won’t connect with your WiFi Network:
Unplug or reboot to start again
This simple trick works most of the time, especially with printers. Press and hold the power button to turn it off.
However, sometimes, the printer shows the message busy and does not turn off, in that case, you can unplug the wire and can plug it in again to turn on the printer
Update your firmware of drivers
Another common method that works great. Every device and technology works on several software and you need to update them to keep your device in harmony with the latest version of technology or software.
Do the same with the printers and check whether your printer is updated with the latest drivers and firmware or not. If not, then download and install the latest updated version and you are good to go.
Printer should be in the range of router
Sometimes printers are weaker in catching the connection maybe it is placed in an enclosed area and there is no window etc. to catch the connection properly.
Whatever is it the reason, just keep your printing device close to the printer.
Remove and reinstall the printer in Windows
If you cannot predict the exact reason why your canon printer is not able to connect, you can try this.
Go to settings and then devices and then printers and scanners, now select the printer and remove it. To add it again, add a printer or scanner to re-add the device from the device list.
It is never rocket science to connect your canon printer to wi-fi because the procedures are simple and quick.
The printer companies prepare devices and technologies and software for people with all levels of understanding of technology.
After reading this blog, for sure you are more confident now and can connect your canon printer to wi-fi without any hassle irrespective of printer model or device.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Check that your printer is turned on.
Check that the wi-fi light is lit on the printer panel
Make sure your wireless LAN is active, if it is not press and hold the RESUME OR CANCEL button now release the button when the power light flashes 10 times.
Turn on your printer and it should be in the range of your router network
Tap set up, tap network, or on wireless settings
Select the wireless setup wizard
Select your network name and enter the password
Restart your printer as it normally helps to fix any technical glitch in the software. Also, check your wi-fi connection, it should be set up properly.