Is your Canon Printer Offline ? Are you facing trouble using your Canon printer since it displays the error “Canon Printer Offline”
Worry not if this is the case then you are at the right place since this blog will help you to resolve Canon Printer error.
Before heading towards the detailed solution we want you to check you Canon printer on following points for the resolution:
- Quickly check if the power cable, Ethernet cable is plugged in properly into the electrical outlet and router.
- Restart the WIFI router/modem at your place by powering off for at least 10 seconds to refresh and reboot.
- After the restart check if the WIFI light on the router is blinking continuously.
After performing the above steps if you still receive the error “Canon Printer Offline” then we suggest you to follow the detailed guide below.
How to Fix “Canon Printer Offline” issue?
Since you have performed the basics, necessary initial troubleshooting steps
Still have not fix your Canon printer we suggest you to follow the advance troubleshooting steps which are carefully drafted since after performing any of the steps you can get back your Canon printer to Online.
So let us start the process.
1. Disable User Printer Offline Feature
Maybe by mistake the printer is set to working offline mode. Let us quickly resolve the same by unchecking the option.
- Open Control Panel of your Computer. Search the option Control Panel in the search box of windows.
- Now under the heading Hardware and Sound click on View device and printers.
- Under the Printer section right click on your Canon Printer Icon and select “See what’s printing”
- Click on the Printer tab and check if the option “Use Printer Offline” is unchecked. If the option is displayed with ✓ , then click the same to uncheck.
- Once again click the Printer option again and click “Cancel All Documents”.
- To check send a print command again for a test to see if problem persists.
2. Restart Printer Spooler Service
Here in this step we will try to restart the Printer Spooler service manually to see if the error disappears.
- Search for “Services” on the search box of your windows and open the same.
- Under Services look for the option “Print Spooler” and right click on the same and select option “Restart”
- Now right click on the same option “Print Spooler” and this time click on “Properties”. And under “Startup type” change it to “Automatic” and click OK.
- To check if the process has been successful kindly restart the PC and see if your printer works.
3. Reinstall Your Canon Printer Driver
After performing the above steps if still you see your Canon Printer Offline there are 100% chances that your PC is using a faulty or outdated printer driver. And to fix the problem we will reinstall the printer driver in easy step by step solution:
- On the keyboard of your PC press Windows key + R together to open a Run box.
- On the Run box type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
- Look for the option “Print Queues”, and right click on your Canon Printer and select “Uninstall device”.
- Once the driver is uninstalled visit Canon Support page to download the latest driver for your Printer model and just install the driver by following the on screen instructions.
Note: Downloading the driver is simple and straightforward process from Canon website.
4. Canon Printer Set as Default
Incase if your Canon Printer is not set as default in your computer then also it can show Offline error. So therefore in this step we will try to check and set Canon Printer as Default.
- The first step is to open Control Panel on your device and search for option “View devices and printers”.
- Under “Devices and Printers” option right click on your Canon Printer and select the option “Set as Default Printer”.
- Once your printer is set as default you will see a green check mark on the icon.
We hope the issue would be solved. However if your Canon Printer is not responding after following all the steps then kindly get in touch with customer care executives.
Also Check – How To Connect My Canon Printer To Wifi ?
Why does my Canon Printer Keeps going Offline?
Due to the error the most important question that comes your mind is why my Canon Printer keeps going Offline and how can I prevent the same?
To know the exact reason behind we have tried and compiled the list of the reasons that will help you understand the issues better.
- Router or Modem issue
- Loose or Damaged Cable
- Printer Driver Issue
- Paper Tray Empty
- Virus or Malware attack
- Toner or Ink Cartridge issue
You can also try Cleaning the Canon Print Head once to avoid facing Offline issue on your Canon Printer.
How can I solve Canon Printer Offline error if I am using a MAC device?
Canon printer Offline error on MAC can be because of many reasons however worry not we have found the fix for you.
To start the fix for Canon Printer Offline error on MAC, you will have to perform two set of steps. The one primarily being to Reset Apple’s Printing System and Second is to Reinstall the driver and the software.
So kindly follow the below mentioned steps:
Reset Apple’s Printing System
- Firstly switch ON your MAC device and click on Apple Menu.
- Now select the “System Preferences” option.
- Click on “Printers & Scanners” option.
- A pop-up window will open in the left panel, Right click the same and select “Reset Printing System” option.
- Enter your login credentials and click OK.
- Now a printer list panel will open, add your printer again using “+” sign
In most of the cases your Canon Printer status will change from Offline to Online. However, if still facing issue then kindly proceed with reinstalling the Canon driver from MAC
Reinstallation of Driver
- Firstly hard reboot your Canon printer by pressing and holding the power off button.
- Go to the “Printer and Scanner” option using “System Preferences” on MAC and delete your printer from your MAC device.
- Now go to “Utilities” and uninstall the “Canon Printer Driver”.
- Fourth step is to unplug your MAC and Printer with USB cable.
- Download the latest version of Canon Printer Driver from the official website of Canon as per your Canon printer model.
- Once downloaded install the Canon Printer Driver.
- At this step reconnect your MAC and Printer with the USB cable
- Now switch on your Canon Printer, to do the same press and hold the power button.
- Open “System Preferences” from Apple menu.
- Last step is to add your printer by opening “Printer & Scanners”, now click on add new printer using the “+” sign.
After performing all the steps accurately, the status of your Canon printer will be Online.
Note: All the steps mentioned above will also apply to Windows 10 devices. Users experiencing unresponsive Canon Printers can follow the same steps as outlined.
In conclusion, If you’ve been struggling with the challenging Canon Printer Offline error, this article has provided you with a comprehensive guide to resolve the issue.
We began by highlighting the importance of checking basic connections and network status.
If the problem persisted, we delved into advanced troubleshooting steps, including disabling the “Use Printer Offline” feature, restarting the Printer Spooler service, and Reinstalling your Canon Printer driver.
Moreover, we addressed the question of why your Canon Printer might repeatedly go offline, pointing out potential culprits such as router or modem issues, loose cables, outdated drivers, empty paper trays, and even malware attacks.
For Mac users facing the same issue, we offered a separate set of instructions to reset Apple’s Printing System and reinstall the driver and software, ensuring that your Canon Printer is back online.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that all the steps provided in this article are applicable to Windows 10 devices as well, so anyone encountering an unresponsive Canon Printer can follow the same comprehensive troubleshooting process outlined here.
With these steps, you should be well-equipped to tackle the Canon Printer Offline issue and get your printer back up and running smoothly.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Your Canon printer may show as offline due to a disrupted connection with your computer or network. Check cables, Wi-Fi, or try restarting the printer to resolve the issue.
To bring your Canon printer online, ensure it’s powered on, check the network connection, and restart both the printer and your computer. This should help it reconnect.
If the Canon printer remains offline, reinstall the printer drivers, update firmware, or consult the Canon support website for specific troubleshooting steps.
Yes, performing a software update on your Canon printer and your computer’s operating system can often resolve offline problems by ensuring compatibility and bug fixes