Replace Drum Brother Printer : Printers are an important part of our lives and they deserve proper maintenance. Even the popular printing brands accept the importance of timely fixing any issue.
Brother printers is a well-known brand and for several reasons you may need to change its drum.
These are maintenance recommendation, error message or alerts, print quality deterioration, end of life span etc.
If you know some basic steps, you can replace drum on brother printer confidently and in a short time. The blog reveals the ways to replace a brother printer drum in varied circumstances.
How to replace brother printer drum if it shows replace drum error?
If your Brother printer is displaying a “Replace Drum” error message, it means the drum unit in your printer has reached the end of its life and needs to be replaced.
The drum unit is a consumable component that transfers the toner to the paper during the printing process.
Here are the steps to replace the drum unit in your Brother printer:
- Make sure your printer is unplugged and there are no print jobs in the queue.
- Now Open the front cover of your brother printer with caution.
- Now locate the drum unit and the printer toner cartridge assembly. The drum unit is the larger unit that the toner cartridge sits inside.
- Press the lock lever on the toner cartridge assembly to release the toner cartridge. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by gently pulling it out.
- Once the toner cartridge is removed, you can now remove the drum unit by pulling it out of the printer.
- Unpack the new drum unit gently from its packaging.
- Now gradually slide the new drum unit into your brother printer and make sure it clicks into right place. Insert the toner cartridge into the new drum unit and then push it in until it clicks.
- Close the front cover of the printer. The printer will automatically reset the “Replace Drum” error message once the new drum unit is correctly installed.
It’s essential to use genuine Brother drum units to ensure optimal performance and print quality.
It is an essential tip for brother printer drum replacement. Your Brother printer should now be ready to use with the new drum unit installed.
You can also consult the printer’s user manual. However, the steps above usually work if all of a sudden your printer drum starts showing problems.
How to troubleshoot Brother printer drum error ?
The printer’s drum unit is a crucial component that transfers toner from the cartridge to the paper during printing.
Read the troubleshooting steps below for brother printer drum replacement: After some practice, you can perform it without reading any guide.
Check for Obstructions
Ensure there are no paper jams or foreign objects inside the printer, especially around the drum unit area.
Restart the Printer
Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve temporary errors. Turn your your printer and then unplug from the power source. Now wait for about 30 seconds, before you plug it back in. Turn the printer back on and check if the error message persists.
Clean the Drum Unit
If there is toner or debris on the drum unit, it can cause errors. Open the printer’s front cover and gently remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
Be careful not to touch the drum surface, as it is sensitive to light and fingerprints. Use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe away any toner or debris. Reinstall the drum unit and then toner cartridge securely.
Replace the Drum Unit
If cleaning the drum unit doesn’t resolve the error, it might be time to replace the drum unit. Drum units have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced periodically, typically after a certain number of printed pages.
So, it is time to replace drum on brother printer. Refer to your printer’s manual or the manufacturer’s website for instructions on how to replace the drum unit specific to your printer model.
Update Firmware and Drivers
Make sure you have the latest firmware and drivers installed for your Brother printer. Outdated software can sometimes cause errors. Check the Brother website for any available updates and follow the instructions to install them.
Contact Brother Support
If you have followed all the above steps and the “Drum Error” message still persists, it’s possible there is a more significant hardware issue. In this case, it’s best to reach out to Brother’s customer support for further assistance or to find an authorized service center.
Please note that the specific steps may vary depending on your Brother printer model. So it’s always a good idea to consult your printer’s user manual for model-specific instructions.
How to reset drum in Brother printer 2321d?
Follow the steps below to rest drum in Brother printer 2321d:
- The printer should be turned on and ready.
- Open the front cover of the printer to access the toner and drum unit.
- Locate the drum unit assembly. It should be immediately behind the toner cartridge.
- Press and hold the “Go” or “Start” button on the printer for about 4 seconds. The printer’s LEDs should start flashing to indicate that you are in the reset mode.
- Release the “Go” or “Start” button.
- Now, press the “Go” or “Start” button the number of times required to reset the drum counter. The number of times you need to press the button varies depending on the model and the region you are in. For the Brother HL-2321D, it’s typically around 7-8 times. The drum counter should be reset, and the LEDs should stop flashing.
- Close the front cover of the printer securely.
How to reset drum on a Brother printer with no screen?
Resetting the drum on a Brother printer with no screen typically involves manually resetting the drum counter.
Identify the Drum Unit
At first, locate the drum unit in your Brother printer. It’s usually a separate component from the toner cartridge and can be accessed by opening the printer’s front cover.
Remove the Drum Unit
Carefully remove the drum unit from the printer by pulling it out. With attention to these small but important tips, you can really do this job faster and safely.
Locate the Reset Gear
On the side of the drum unit, there should be a reset gear or reset lever. It is a small, white or green plastic lever that can be moved back and forth.
Move the Reset Gear
Gently rotate the reset gear or lever in the opposite direction of the arrow or triangle indicator. A gentle touch is vital while rest the brother printer drum. This action will reset the drum counter.
Reinstall the Drum Unit
After resetting the gear, reinsert the drum unit back into the printer, ensuring it is securely in place.
Close the Printer Cover
Close the printer’s front cover properly.
Test the Printer
Turn on the printer and print a test page to ensure that the drum has been reset successfully.
Note – Without doubt you can follow the steps mentioned above and don’t forget to follow the caution rules. However, the exact location of the reset gear or lever may vary depending on the model of your Brother printer.
“I have Brother Printer drum unit paper jam issue” How can I solve it?
A printer paper jam issue can also provoke the situation making you replace drum brother printer.
If you are experiencing a paper jam in your Brother printer’s drum unit, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
Turn off the Printer
Turn off your Brother printer to avoid any potential injuries and to prevent further damage to the printer.
Open the Front Cover
Open the front cover of the printer to access the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. This will vary depending on your specific Brother printer model, but usually, there is a release button or latch to open the cover.
Remove the Drum Unit and Toner Cartridge
Once the front cover is open, gently remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly from the printer. Make sure to hold it by the handles to avoid touching the drum or exposing it to direct light for an extended period.
Inspect for Jammed Paper
Carefully inspect the drum unit and toner cartridge for any jammed paper. Look for any torn pieces of paper or obstructions that may be causing the paper jam.
Remove Jammed Paper
If you find any jammed paper, carefully grasp it with both hands and pull it out in the direction of the paper path. Avoid tearing the paper while removing it, as any remaining fragments can lead to further jams.
Check the Printer Interior
While the drum unit is removed, also check inside the printer for any loose or jammed paper. Carefully remove any paper without hurry, as caution is always important.
Check for Damage
Inspect the drum unit and toner cartridge for any signs of damage. If you notice any significant damage, it may be time to replace the drum unit.
Reinstall the Drum Unit and Toner Cartridge
After ensuring that there are no paper jams and the drum unit is in good condition, reinsert it back into the printer. Make sure it fits properly and securely in place.
Close the Front Cover
Close the front cover of the printer until it clicks into place.
Turn on the Printer
Turn on your Brother printer and try printing a test page to check if the paper jam issue is resolved.
With the help of these steps you can rectify brother printer paper jam issue.
What is the process to reset Brother MFC-L3770CDW drum?
Follow the steps below to reset brother printer drum counter on a Brother MFC-L3770CDW printer.
- Gently open the front cover of your printing device.
- Press and hold the “OK” button on the printer’s control panel.
- While holding down the “OK” button, use the up or down arrow keys to select the drum unit that you want to reset (if you have multiple drum units installed).
- Release the “OK” button.
- Press the “Up” arrow key to reset the drum counter for the selected drum unit.
- A confirmation message will appear on the printer’s display asking, “Replace Drum? Yes/No.”
- Press the “1” key to confirm the drum reset.
How to reset drum on Brother printer TN660?
Follow the steps to rest drum on Brother printer TN660:
- Ensure that your Brother printer is turned on and ready for operation.
- Open the front cover of the printer to access the toner and drum unit.
- Locate the drum unit that houses the TN660 drum.
- Press and hold down the “GO” or “Start” button on the printer for about 4 seconds. Release the button once all the LEDs on the printer light up.
- Look for the “Drum” LED indicator and then It should start blinking.
- Press the “GO” or “Start” button seven (7) more times quickly. The Drum LED should continue to blink.
- After the seventh press, release the “GO” or “Start” button. The Drum LED should now be off, indicating that the drum counter has been reset.
- Now, close the front cover of your brother printer gently.
How to reset drum on Brother HL-L6200DW ?
To reset the drum on a Brother HL-L6200DW printer, follow these steps:
- The printer should be ON and ready.
- Open the front cover of the printer to access the drum and toner unit.
- Press and hold down the “OK” button on the printer for about 2 seconds. The LCD screen should display a reset menu.
- Using the arrow keys on the printer, navigate to the “Drum” option and press the “OK” button to select it.
- The printer will prompt you to confirm the drum reset. Select “Yes” or “OK” to proceed.
- Once the drum is reset, close the front cover of the printer.
The drum reset process is now complete. The printer should be ready to use.
Keep in mind that resetting the drum counter does not physically change the drum unit.
It just tells the printer that a new drum has been installed, so it is essential to replace the drum unit when print quality starts to degrade or when prompted by the printer.
For Brother printers to operate at their peak efficiency and produce the highest-quality prints, proper maintenance and prompt drum unit replacement are essential.
The right actions can help you address the problem whether you get a “Replace Drum Brother Printer” error or a paper jam in the drum unit.
For best results, always use authentic Brother Drum units; for model-specific instructions, refer to your printer’s user manual.
You may confidently change the drum in your Brother printer and resolve typical drum-related difficulties by according to these instructions and safety measures. Your Brother printer will continue to produce prints of excellent quality and successfully serve you for many years to come with proper maintenance.
Frequently Answer Question’s (FAQ’S)
To replace the drum unit in your Brother printer, open the front cover, remove the toner cartridge, remove the old drum unit, unpack the new drum unit, slide it into the printer, insert the toner cartridge into the new drum unit, and close the front cover. Use genuine Brother Drum units for optimal performance.
To troubleshoot a drum error, check for obstructions, restart the printer, clean the drum unit, replace the drum unit if cleaning doesn’t resolve the error, update firmware and drivers, or contact Brother Support for further assistance.
Avoid touching the drum surface and store the printer in a clean, dust-free environment when not in use.
It is recommended to use genuine Brother drum units for optimal performance and print quality.