We all know that printers are vital for every home and office, but they can also be a problem if they are not capable of connecting to WiFi. How can you connect Canon printer to WiFi? Can it be done? If you have such a question in mind, the answer is YES! Connecting Canon printer to WiFi is actually very easy and simple.
There are a few things you need to learn about in order to connect your printer with your wireless network. In this article, we will show you how to connect Canon printer to wifi as well as other important information which might help you out while trying to connect printer with wireless network.
How to connect WIFI to Canon Pixma Printer?
It is a very simple and easy process to connect WiFi to your Canon Pixma printer. Kindly follow below mentioned points:
- Firstly, make sure that your Printer and Router is switched ON.
- Secondly press and hold the WiFi button on your printer until a light flashes.
- Press the Color button as shown in the pic below and then press the WiFi button.
- Now make sure the WiFi signal light flashes quickly and the power ON light is lit.
- Once you see the WiFi signal light flashes quickly, your Canon Pixma printer is ready to receive the information from the wireless network.
Kindly note that when the WiFi signal light will stop flashing once the printer had successfully made a connection to your wireless network.
How to connect Canon Printer to Phone?
Gone are the days when connecting and taking print from phone was termed as difficult. Thankfully the OEM manufacturers have given the benefits and added advantages to phone users as well by connecting their devices wirelessly within minutes.
Kindly follow the below process to connect your phone wirelessly to your Canon printer:
- Firstly install the Canon printer app on your Phone. Kindly click on the app for your mentioned device.
- Once you have installed the app, now make sure your Canon printer is switched ON.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Click on More.
- Now click on Bluetooth Setup.
- At last follow the onscreen instruction to pair your Canon printer to your smartphone. Once the pairing is complete for your Android phone you can start printing or scanning using the app.
Note: Make sure you have the latest Android version installed for your device. The maximum range to print wirelessly is 33 feet i.e 10 meters. Make sure there are no walls or obstructions in between otherwise the range will drop.
Why my Canon printer won’t connect to WiFi?
There can be several reasons why your Canon printer won’t connect to WiFi. However, we have categorized and mentioned some of the most common causes that stop your Canon printer to connect your WiFi network.
Depending on the kind of printer you have and the kind of computer you’re pairing it with, there are many ways to troubleshoot this issue. Depending on whether the printer was previously connected without a problem or if there were problems with the initial configuration, the method for setting up a printer on a wireless network varies a little bit from printer to printer.
Most common reasons:
- Corrupt Printer Drivers
This may be the most common reason, suddenly your Cannon printer is not connecting to WiFi because the Canon printer drivers are corrupt or has gone bad. So you will have to update the latest Printer drivers once to solve the issue.
- Printer Error
You will have to make sure that printer is not displaying any error flashing lights or codes on the screen. For whatever reason if the printer is in error state it won’t connect to your WiFi.
- Check Printer Connection Issues
In case you are trying to connect your Canon printer via your mobile phone, you need to check the signal strength of your Canon printer. If the signal strength is less than 80% you will have to move the printer closer to where your router is placed.
- Restart WiFi Router
If you are trying to connect your Canon printer via router and there is an issue with your Router, then you won’t be able to connect. Try to check if router’s WiFi light is blinking continuously, if not then restarting the same would rectify the issue.
These are the most basics steps mentioned to troubleshoot and rectify your issue why cannon printer not connecting to your WiFi.
How to connect Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi?
You can easily connect your Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi by following below mentioned points:
- Firstly, switch on your printer by pressing the Power ON button.
- Under the Wireless section press and hold smart phone tab for 3 seconds until the display starts flashing which indicates that printer has entered in setup mode.
- Now you can easily connect your Android phone, PC or Apple device to the printer just follow the walkthrough process by installing the Canon Print app.
Also follow a small video representation of connecting your Canon TS3322 printer to WiFi
How to setup my Canon Printer? (Canon Printer Setup)
If you are looking for ways to connect your Canon printer to your Wireless devices then at first you need to make sure what model are you searching for. Most of the settings for Canon printer setup are the same however it varies in few steps.
So find out your Canon printer model and then look for the steps. To find the model name of your Canon printer have a look on the invoice or the box of the printer.
Once you find the specific printer model then visit Canon Wireless Printer setup page and enter your model number to get the steps further.
How to connect Canon Printer to Laptop?
Kindly note to connect Canon Printer to laptop you can follow any of the three ways as mentioned below.
Connect Canon Printer to Laptop Wirelessly
Most of the recent printers today have the capability to get connected wirelessly via any device.
So if your printer also has a wireless capability you can easily connect it via WiFi. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly switch ON the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel use the arrow key to select Menu and navigate to Network Settings.
- Now select Wireless LAN option and press OK.
- The display will show you close by wireless connection name, scroll and select your WiFi name and enter the password.
- Your printer will be connected to the WiFi.
- Open your Laptop and go to Settings.
- Click on Devices, and scroll to Printers & scanners option.
- Now click on Add a printer or scanner. Your laptop will show you your printer name and model number.
- At last select the option to Add device and your laptop will complete the process.
Connect Canon Printer to Laptop with USB cable
If you are looking to connect only your Laptop directly and in no mood to carry the same then you might consider the option to connect your Laptop to Printer via USB cable.
- Plug the USB cable from your laptop USB port to Printers USB port (Usually located at the back of every printer).
- Turn on your Printer and Laptop simultaneously.
- If your laptop has a CD drive then enter the Canon Driver CD into the laptop disk drive, else you can download the software by searching the model number on Canon official website.
- Once you have download the setup file open and run the same and it will guide you through and easy walk process which will help you connect your Canon printer to laptop easily.
Follow a small video presentation to connect your Canon Printer to Laptop via USB cable:
Connect Canon Printer to Router with a LAN cable (Wired Network)
A wired connection allows you to connect the device with out facing any issues in the connection as it uses the Ethernet cable. So here we will connect your Canon printer to you Router via Ethernet cable and then you can connect your Laptop wirelessly to your Canon printer easily.
- The first step is to connect the one end of the Ethernet cable into the printer and other end of the cable at the back of the router.
- Now on the printer’s control panel use the arrow key to select Menu and then navigate to the option of Network Settings.
- Select the option Wired Lan. Now you can easily start giving the print command wirelessly.
7 Quick Steps To Connect HP Printer To WiFi
How to Reset HP printer to factory settings without any passwords
How To Send Fax from Printer or Computer
Brother Printer Not Printing? Here Are A Few Ways To Resolve It
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Canon printer setup. Don’t forget to share your result or solution with others who may need it. Feel free to leave a comment below with any other issues or questions you have. Thank you and good luck.
To connect your printer to WiFi network follow below short points:
Firstly, on the printer’s touch pad panel you will see a wireless button, press and hold the same for three seconds until the light blinks.
List of Wireless networks would pop up on screen, Select the one which is yours.
Enter the Password and your printer will be connected to the WiFi network.
Follow below steps to bring back your Canon printer Online:
From your PC or Laptop open settings, now click devices.
Under Printers & Scanners your Canon printer name would be display.
Select your Canon printer and click on Open queue
Now select printer tab and un-mark the Use Printer Offline option.
This error usually occurs when the connection from the router appears to be disturbed. Or your router is not providing the Internet that your printer needs to stay connected and running.
To switch back your printer from offline to online kindly open the settings of your computer or laptop and under Devices option select printer and scanners. Select your printer and open the settings and untick the option from Offline.
Yes, it is must for a wireless activated printer to be connected to a common network to accept the printing commands from other available devices wirelessly.