Do you have an HP printer? If yes, then the understandable piece of information below is for you. Go through the straightforward description of ‘how to change ink in hp printer.’ Next time, you can do it without any help.
HP printers are popular all across the world due to their user-friendliness, and for this exact reason, we can believe that it is a simple process to change ink in this printer. Usually considered a herculean task is a straightforward process if one follows the proper steps.
HP printer ink cartridges are expensive, so replacing them at the appropriate time is important to your operating expenses. Knowing how to change the cartridge in an HP printer can help extend the life of your machine and save you money.
Changing the printer ink is more or less similar in all HP models with little difference. Don’t worry; the guide will give you a detailed view according to the model number wherever required.
How do I change the ink of my HP Printer?
With some basic precautions, you can easily do that, follow the below mentioned steps.
Step 1 – You need to turn on the printer during the process.
Step 2– Open your printer cover safely and slowly and then the cartridge access door. Depending on the printer model, the cartridge door location may vary.
- Ink cartridge door location according to the printer model –
- HP model OfficeJet Pro 8720 – The cartridge door is located in the middle of the printer. In this model, you need to push back the door.
- HP model OfficeJet 6700 – The cartridge is in the front, and the location is similar if you have the model HP OfficeJet 6600 and 7612.
- HP Photosmart 6520 – Lift the flatbed scanner to see the ink cartridge. It is the simplest model if you talk about the cartridge location.
- HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 – The all-in-one model has the ink cartridge behind the white cover.
Step 3 – Take out the ink from the packaging. Now remove the plastic case and pull the colored cartridge tape.
Step 4 – Don’t forget to pull out the old cartridges in case you are changing empty ink cartridges. For this purpose, press the front part of the empty cartridge, and it will release. Now take it out of the slot.
Step 5 – Your printer has the color patterns; follow them when you install the cartridges. If you don’t put it in the correct slot, you will be confused about colors while printing. Match the slot color before you put the cartridge into it.
Note – Never touch the gold contact points on the cartridge; it may cause damage.
Step 6 – Once you change all the color cartridges, close the cartridge access door.
When you complete all the above steps, the printer should automatically start printing in the desired manner when turned on.
What if your HP printer is not working after changing the ink cartridge?
First of all, do not worry because it is not complicated, and a few adjustments will fix the issues in a short time. Focus on the following suggestions, and you can deal with them without help.
- Did you remove the protective tape? Yes, you might have forgotten to remove the tape that covers the print nozzle to prevent ink leakage during shipping. When you take out the cartridge from the packet, look for this tape, it may have different colors depending on the printer model.
- Reset the ink cartridge. Sometimes, the printer does not recognize the newly installed cartridge, but nothing to worry about. Resetting the cartridge counter will solve the issue in a few seconds. Depending on your hp printer model, you may have different cartridge reset models.
- Check for software errors. It is a common problem that can leave you anxious due to ignorance. Ensure your printer software is working correctly and no bug or technical issue is hampering the process.
- Consult hp customer care – The skilled customer care executives can guide you about everything on a call only. Just tell them about your printer’s issues in the show, listen to them, follow their instructions, and get the solution immediately.
How to change the ink in an HP Envy 5000?
Follow the steps below, and in the blink of an eye, you will complete the replacement of the new ink cartridge.
1: Turn on your printer.
2:Open the cartridge access door.
3:Remove the old cartridge from the printer.
4:Take out the new ink from the packaging.
5:Hold the new ink cartridge firmly and remove the sticker but don’t touch the copper contacts.
6:Now, put the cartridge into the suitable slot. For example, if you are replacing the ink with red, make sure to put the new one in the allotted space.
Step 7:Close the cartridge access door.
Step 8:At last, press the ‘OK’ option on the printer, and the device will automatically recognize the newly placed ink.
Note: As you can see, the process completes in hardly six stages, and its significance is not short-term. Learning some technical skills that make your daily life easier is good. For career and professional reasons, we all have to use printers for numerous purposes. Every time, you cannot depend on someone else for such a tiny task. Now, when you have learned the process, you are a proud trouble-shooter. Next time while changing the ink cartridge, follow the simple process.
How Big Is Printer Paper? – The Evolution Of Paper Sizes
How to Reset HP printer to factory settings without any passwords
HP Office jet Pro 6968 Full Feature Setup Step by Step Tutorial
How To Send Fax from Printer or Computer
The above guide should help you to conclude that it is actually not a herculean task to change the ink in an HP printer. The steps are simple, and the whole process takes only 10 to 15 minutes. The little difference will be due to the variance in the printer model only, but the primary steps are generic.
1. Remove the printer toner cartridge
2. Take out the new cartridge from the packing.
3. Hold and shake the new toner cartridge gently to spread the toner equally.
4. Bend the tab of the toner cartridge until it becomes loose, then pull it until the tape is removed.
5. Insert the cartridge into the printer, then close the access door of the toner cartridge.
1. Store cartridges in a dry, cool place, at perfect room temperature is between 20-29 degrees Celsius.
2. Never take out the cartridges until you plan to change the ink.
3. Check the shelf life before buying the printer inks.
4. Never touch circuitry because it may cause poor printing.
1. Go to the HP online store.
2. Select your language and country or region
3. Click on the toner or ink at the top of the website.
4. Follow the purchase instructions, and you will do it in an instant.